I read an interesting article by some wiseacre who suggested making a list of all your writing hopes and aspirations for the forthcoming year. Now I’m a writeaholic, but after scanning through the following list, I aren’t so sure it was a good idea. Nevertheless, here it is. You can all hold me to account on December the 31st. I will, of course, have forgotten this list by then and think you’ve got it in for me, but them’s the breaks.
Writing Projects (All Novels)
- Final prowriter run through for Into Eternity book 3 of The Eternals Series. Look to publish somewhere close to Easter.
- Steampunk extravaganza, Britannia Unleashed, to be given last edit and then prowriter check. Make changes if required. Look to publish mid-year.
- Rewrite The Snow Lily to the level I would prefer. Look to have finished by Christmas if possible.
- Expand on The Repaired apocalyptic Sci-Fi. Take the story from the 40 000 words already written to closer to double that. Make Marianna Bosomsworth terrifying.
- Enjoy, as you already are, expanding Mortimer Headlock and the Case of the Missing Moonchildren on an evening. Try to tie in with Britannia Unleashed Timelines. If all goes well and you’re still enjoying it promote this story to third on this list.
- Flush out further the ideas for Wolfriders.
Note to self: Three of these stories are already written so take a deep breath and go for it.
- As time allows submit from short story collection to appropriate magazines.
- Watch out for the release of The Shark at the End of My Bed.
Continue to support the release of The Eternals and Hunter Hunted in preparation for the release of Into Eternity.
Try your best to continue with three posts a day on WordPress and also post appropriate posts to Facebook Author Page and Instagram. And for God’s sake learn how to use Twitter properly.
For continued success and the enjoyment of doing what you’ve always dreamed of.
Thank you for reading my 2017 writing goals.
Richard M. Ankers author of The Eternals Series.