Richard’s Note: I’d like to introduce you to the wonderful Kate. A poet that I always enjoy reading, Kate also has her own growing editing business. Here is a sample of her work, which I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to click Kate’s name Kate Strawberry to take a look at her site. I know she would love to see you.
I died when I tumbled over the ledge~
I fell or maybe I wandered-off the edge
Did I fall of my own mistake?
Or when I flew, did someone force me?
Tell me the truth you always seem
To have wanted me to sleep and dream-
Of better days and brighter thoughts-
What thoughts are these! Of rocks.
It was dark I couldn’t see
But the moon shined light down on me.
You yelled and screamed and grabbed my waist-
Madness in my eyes, you act in haste.
Or was the madness in your eyes and the haste of my action-late?
You made me fall. You did, indeed
You pushed me and I fell with speed.
Once something far away so near
An image seen in the distance but then right here.
In my face slammed the ancient ground
I felt destroyed like prey with hound
I lost my mind when you attacked.
Images became dim and faded to black.
How you hover below me close
Crying mad thoughts, I suppose.
The bitter, silent tears I hear-
As I look down on you with fear.
Thank you for reading.
As I said, click Kate’s name Kate Strawberry and go pay her a visit.
Now a little tidbit about THE IMAGINE AWARD:
“The Imagine Award” is an award that was created by Jenn Mulherin (who is the writer of the blog “My Fibrotastic Life!”) in October of 2013. This award was made in order to recognize the bloggers who express their passion and dedication towards their blogs through their creativity.
Here’s what you need to do to accept the Imagine Award:
In a post dedicated to this award:
1. Copy and paste The Imagine Award into your post.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post.
3. List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative).
4. Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination.
5. Notify your nominees.
6. Display The Imagine Award to your blog’s award page.
As the rules state here I am only too happy to thank Morgan from booknvolume.com for nominating me for this award. There are lots of great poetry blogs on WordPress but only a few that I absolutely have to read everything they post. Morgan’s blog is one of the ones I use as my own personal benchmark to quality. If I can be half that could then I’ll be happy. Always innovative, superb in rendition, subtle in use of complimentary images and always a breath of fresh air. Please check out her blog if at all possible. Here is the link http://booknvolume.com/
The same goes for my own nominations. Each blog here is exceptional for the quality, variety, and fantasy of there imaginations.
I apologise to all my friends out there, as how can I only pick five from so many wonderful blogs. The above writers and poets probably offered the largest bribes or threats upon my personal safety, (Only Joking!) But in all honesty I could easily have picked thirty. All the best to those I have nominated and I hope they accept in the spirit this particular award is meant.
I want to say an enormous thank you to Ar Vhee for this kind gesture to nominate me for “The WordPress Family Award”.
I consider it an honour to be nominated for such an amazing reward after so short a time on WordPress. It is great to know people like what you are doing and that you can reciprocate in kind.
Here are the rules:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post. Make sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
- Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers.
- Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 More things about me.
1. I love large Americano coffees with cream.
2. I love the snow and winter in general.
3. Poetry relaxes me.
4. If I see water I always try to find fish in it.
5. I love loose leaf tea.
6. My favourite book is The Dancers At The End Of Time by Michael Moorcock.
7. I love anything about birds of prey and sharks.
Here are my 15 nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award and for The WordPress Family Award:
The Versatile Blogger Award
Christine Blackwell has been kind enough to nominate me for The Versatile Blogger Award. This has made me feel very special as I have never been nominated for anything like this before. I hope you check out her blog as she is an exceptional writing talent. Every post is a good one. Thanks again! 🙂
Here are the rules:
Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
Announce your win with a post. Make sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers.
Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post.
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Seven Interesting Things about Me:
1. My dream is to see my book The Snow Lily published.
2. I am very good at all sports except for some reason the discus! (I know it sounds big-headed, but I am.)
3. I have collected Marvel comics (Avengers and Xmen, mostly) all of my life. But have had to give them up since I left work, as I can’t afford them now.
4. I love to be high up with a mountainous view, but am scared of heights!
5. I am very, very shy, and even writing this is difficult for me.
6. I run every week day and am obsessed with getting faster, (which I am doing.)
7. Money has never mattered much to me, as I’d rather be happy than rich.
Here are my nominations for The Versatile Blogger Award! Congratulations, these are versatile and talented bloggers:
1. Sahm King
2. Christine Blackwell
3. Ar Vhee
6. Shawn L Bird
9. The Lyceum
12. Words4jp’s Blog
13. LEAF AND TWIG
14. Fairytale Epidemic
15. A Haiku a Day Keeps The Doctor Away